Enough sleep is very important to our health. It is the time when our body recharge itself and rebuilds damages inside us. Repairs of cells and tissues are done when we get to rest.
Sleep deficiency makes us more prone to different diseases like heart illness, high blood pressure, stroke and many more.
Our body will lack the energy to fight against these complications if it’s not ready and fully capable of the energy it has to have.
If you’re experiencing constant difficulties in sleeping, read the following and start avoiding these 12 bad habits that might be interrupting you in achieving that rest you want.
1. Refrain from drinking a lot of water before going to sleep for the bathroom will call you from time to time just to pass it out.
Your good sleep will be on and off again and again. That’s when you start feeling headaches as it will hard now to go back to bed and sleep.
You should limit your intake of water before going to sleep, just drink more water after waking up.
2. Practice yourself to attain a scheduled time of sleeping so it will be familiar always on what time of the day you should usually rest.
Sleeping anytime of the day with no rightful pattern will confused your brain and you might find yourself sleeping longer hours on a day and less at night.
Having a schedule on your sleeping pattern will give you more time to rest and can give you a sense of when to wake up even if you are not using an alarm clock.
3. Keep yourself away from eating at least 2 hours before going to sleep as the digestion process will keep you awake.
Unfortunately if the process of digestion did not go well, you’ll be irritated on the terrible outcome or feeling it may bring you such as bloated tummy and stomach ache.
Also this can lead to acid re flux, which can ruin your health even more.
4. Avoid using your gadgets 1 hour before deciding to sleep. Don’t put your smartphones and even your laptop beside you if you plan to have a good nap.
The light, the notification sounds and even the thought that it is just right behind you will keep your brain alert and conscious every second.
It is best to, give your eyes a rest and your gadgets too when you are about to sleep.
5. Choose the right alarm clock and set it properly. If the numbers designed in your alarm clock is too big and bright, it will also distract your brain from thinking that you need a rest.
For the record, choose a high quality alarm clock with dimmer numbers. The noise is also a factor, since some people can get irritated with the sound of the second arm.
Just test what will work for you, since you are the one that knows your body best.
6. Be sure to lay on a fresh and comfortable bed. If you’re place is filthy and irritating to sleep on, you’ll definitely won’t have a good beauty rest.
Keep your bedding’s, sheets and pillows clean and comfy. This will be your companion in attaining those sweet dreams.
Having a clean sheet will help you get into the mood for a good night rest.
7. Do you have a habit of reading a book before going to sleep?
We suggest you try avoiding it now for it will not make you sleep faster.
The contents and the urge of finishing what you are reading will keep your mind and body awake. You may try reading your book a little earlier than you used to do it.
8. Try to sleep on a side you’re more comfortable with. It is advised to sleep on your side rather than your stomach or back.
With this in mind, if you are really comfortable in your stomach or back then by all means do this to get some good night sleep.
But we highly suggest that you try to sleep on your side, since it will be better for you body.
9. Sleep with a blanket by your side so that when it gets cold you can grab it right away to cover yourself.
You can also wear socks to make your feet warm for it too much coldness especially when raining will make it hard for you to sleep continuously.
By doing this you do not need to get up if you are really cold, especially when you are in a very cold place.
10. Prepare yourself every night before sleeping. Make a habit of taking a shower or washing your face and brushing your teeth for a more perfect rest.
By doing this and having a schedule you will not just feel better and clean, you will eventually set your body to notice that your are about to sleep.
This will trigger your brain to make you more drowsy and sleepy.
11. Stop drinking coffee at least 4 hours before taking a nap. Caffeine content of coffee boosts your metabolism and will keep you alive and enthusiastic for a long period of time.
Instead of drinking beverages with caffeine in them just drink some water, but try to avoid drinking 2 hours before you sleep
As mention above, it will not help you achieve your slumber goals if you do so.
12. Stretch out a little bit between 3-4 hours before going to bed as it helps you freshen up yourself and hit that good sleep.
Do not do rigorous exercise, just stretches, if you do some rigorous exercise it might wake your body up and will find it hard to sleep.
We hope you have enjoyed reading our article. Do share them to your friends so they too can have a more balance sleep!