Opening the chakras and balance its energy can be done in several ways of various difficulties. How to open your chakras in 3 steps:
Step 1: Know your chakras
Step 2: Identify the primary chakra or chakras you want to work at opening and balancing first
Step 3: Activate the energy in the chakra you want to open & balance it
There are numerous ways to work with a chakras, some are prescribed by traditional schools of thoughts associated with Eastern spirituality; some are more modern and are often derived from these more ancient practices. They were created by people interested today in psychology, healing, and holistic medicine with the purpose of helping us in our everyday lives.
Opening Chakras Step 1: Know your Chakras
The first step to balancing your chakras is to know them. These centers of energies have different qualities and characteristics that are useful to recognize in order to find a better balance overall. For instance, practices to open the root chakra will be different from the ones used to open the heart or third eye chakra.
Opening Chakras Step 2: Identify which chakra needs most help
The second step consists in identifying which chakra you want to work on first. The chakras are all connected. If one is imbalanced, whether it’s overactive and too open or deficient and “closed” or energy does not flow well through it, the neighboring chakras and the whole system may be affected as well.
- Take the chakra test; it will help identify possible areas to focus on
- Check whether you have a localized physical pain; it might be related to the activity of the chakra corresponding to that area
- Look at what’s happening in you and what is most problematic or causes most concerns (e.g., a relationship, finances, feeling of safety, lack of motivation, emotional roller-coaster, etc.)
Opening Chakras Step 3: Activate the energy to balance your chakra
The third step is to activate the energy in the chakra you want to open & balance. It’s useful to think of it not just in terms of “opening” your chakra, but also restoring flow, increasing awareness of its state and variations, and balancing inflow and outflow of energy. The main principle at work when opening your chakras is the idea of balance or balancing.
To activate the energy in the chakras you want to open, you may practice the following:
- Physical activity focused on the chakra’s location in the body
- Breathing exercises
- Meditation on a specific chakra
- Sound Healing Therapy
- Introspection and self-inquiry to address the psychological and emotion components of the blockage
- Self-healing hands-on techniques (e.g. massage, “chakra connection” technique)
- Healing session to balance your chakras
When you start activating energy in a chakra that had an imbalance, “stuff” may come up. In other words, the “stuff” that was contributing to closing the chakra might come to your awareness, so you have a chance to deal with it more consciously. Be mindful of taking good care of yourself, with enough rest, moments of reflection and introspection, as well as physical activity to keep things moving.