There are many different types of fungi that live on the human body. This includes the yeast known as Candida. It is found in small amounts inside the mouth and on the skin. It does not cause trouble at normal levels but if it begins to spread and grows uncontrollably, it will lead to an infection which is known as candidiasis. It is the most common cause of fungal infections in humans. If the good bacteria inside your body is out of balance, the immune system will be compromised and you will notice that the Candida has begun to overproduce. Discussed below are the common symptoms of candida.
1. Fatigue and tiredness: This is one of the most common symptom of Candida. The infection is accompanied by nutritional deficiencies like magnesium, fatty acids and vitamin B6. This can lead to fatigue. In addition, the infections usually occur when the immune system has been compromised and this leaves you feeling tired at all times. Prolonged candidiasis of the gut can be a cause of the chronic fatigue syndrome.
2. Oral thrush: The Candidiasis which develops in the mouth is known as thrush. It is common in newborns and elders with a weak immune system. In addition, individuals with a poor oral hygiene are also at risk. Those with oral thrush develop bumpy, white patches on their tongue, gums, inner cheeks and throat. It is associated with redness of the mouth and tongue. To learn more about the symptoms and how to treat the infection, read this article from Muscle Seek.
3. Digestive Issues: Your gut health relies on the balance between the good and the bad bacteria which lives in the gut. If there is an imbalance between the two types of bacteria, you will experience digestive issues which include gas, boating, constipation, nausea, cramps and diarrhea. An overgrowth of Candida has been associated with numerous gastrointestinal tract diseases.
4. Recurring urinary tract infections: Candida is present in the vaginal tracts of women. If there is an overgrowth, it can lead to candidiasis of the vagina which is known as a yeast infection. Men can also get an infection but it is much less common. The symptoms of the infection include redness, itching, swelling, white discharge from the vagina and painful intercourse. It can lead to a urinary tract infection at times but it is less common.
5. Skin and nail fungal infections: There is bacteria present on your skin which can prevent Candida from growing in excess. This bacteria thrives in different conditions and a change in the environment can allow the Candida to overproduce. It can affect any part of the body but it usually affects the areas which are moist and warm like armpits and groin. It can lead to conditions like ringworm, athlete’s foot and toenail fungus.
While the infection is not life threatening but it not treated on time, it could lead to severe medical conditions. It is best to identify the root cause of the infection and treat it at the earliest.